22 Dec 2014

A happy half-century!

A grandfather who till the last days of his life was a voracious reader
A grandmother who at the age of 75 uses headphones more than I do, being a music lover
A father who was an epitome of radical ideas and social concern
A mother who is an artist by birth and a handicrafts-woman at will
A brother who is an excellent musician, a brilliant writer/photographer and a true film-lover
A sister who is an amazing cook and an expert when it comes to any issues emotional/romantic
A friend who is an intellectual in the truest sense and has been the silent victim of every single creative outing of mine for the past 12 years


My life has never really been mine. And I say it without the slightest tinge of regret.

I have and I continue to be a collection of the shadows of all these people who have made my life worth living.

When I began this blog, I did not imagine that my writing interest would survive a month, let alone survive 49 posts. But seeing that it has, a slight doubt arises as to if I have really developed a strong liking towards writing and if it is the path to tread further (which I am sure would gladden a reader/writer friend of mine).

But then, for a feat so trivial compared to professional writers/bloggers, I shouldn't be making much fuss about.

And so I end this happy post iterating,
My life has never really been mine. I have and I continue to be a collection of the shadows of all these people who have made me a better human being and of course, for this blog, a better writer.

Thank you all!

P.S.: I have luckily got hold of a post that I could re-post by simply editing the numbers in case I accidentally make it to a 100 :D 
#PerksOfaLazyWriter  

No comments:

Post a Comment