2 Jan 2016

Some brainy blah blah...

It happened to me on the first day of my college
It happened to me on the last day of my college
It happened to me the moment I realized I had fallen in love
It happened to me the day I came across an old woman, asking for alms, with a close resemblance to my grandmother
It happened to me the moment I told my mom that I had been recruited by a reputed organization
It happens to me every time I think of raising my camera to my eye in a crowded street
It happens to me every time a new thought takes birth

The stomach feels empty when in truth it is stuffed
The heart seems to be missing its rhythm when in truth it is throbbing in tune
The vision becomes blurry when in truth the pupil is dilated
The brain goes blank when in truth the neurons are hyperactive
The hand starts trembling when in truth the fist is clenched

I try to think about all such moments
They appear surprisingly similar yet they are starkly different
Joy. Pain. Fear.
They are miles apart in the emotional spectrum
Yet they seem as closely bonded as a community in rural India

I remain bewitched by the workings of the human brain
By its simplistic sophistication, by its mechanical magic
By the way it makes a person crack a joke
By the way it brings about a spontaneous comical response to a totally new situation
My friend once asked me the first thing I would say after a girl kissed me on the lips
I replied after a couple of seconds - "Ünga toothpaste la uppu irukka?!"
Sarcasm intended, but how did the response crop up so spontaneously?!
How do you crack jokes so well?
How does your friend crack jokes so well?
Next time, have a hearty laugh. And follow it up with some thought.
Wonder how the brain is such a good humorist
Wonder how the brain has a template in place to process the emotions
Wonder if the brain has an amazing brain of its own
Wonder how you wonder.

P.S.: I have been left wondering how my brain came up with the thought of 'A brain having its own brain'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment