19 Apr 2016

The lonely sawaari!

His face wore a calm smile. A smile of contentment. 
"He must have gotten a passenger wanting to go to a pretty faraway place", I thought to myself. I then noticed that the back seat of the auto rickshaw was empty. 
I looked again at the driver. The calm smile still rested on his face.
Observing his smile unconsciously gave birth to one of my own. And then a strange thought appeared.
What if the driver was an introvert?!
I got interested.

If he was an introverted driver, which would he prefer - a lonely ride that gladdened his heart or a shared journey with a stranger that gladdened his stomach?!
Would he be more delighted if a single passenger boarded his auto rickshaw than he would be with a couple or a family?! 
Would he set the volume of the speakers in his auto rickshaw to the lowest in order to avoid attention in traffic?!
How willing would he be to honk his horn?!
Would he prefer the corner spot in an auto stand?! Would he even prefer being a part of an auto stand?!
How difficult would it be for him to ask a pedestrian if he/she wanted a ride?!
Would he even like his auto rickshaw being a bright yellow shade?!

I looked at the driver again. I wanted to board his auto rickshaw and have a hearty conversation. But I could not.
The introvert in me did not allow it.
But having typed this post now, I think - Should I blame the introvert for having missed a great conversation with an interesting man or should I thank the introvert for having been the cause of these words?!
I strangely feel that the auto rickshaw driver would hold an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment