12 Aug 2016

What is my reality?

My purple moon rises every morning
And my green sun shines through the night
My birds and animals engage me in intelligent conversations
My fellow humans just chirp and purr
The roads that I walk on are soft
The rains that drench me are hot
How will I express these truths?
How will I make anyone believe
That this is not my poetry but my reality?

I read that the sun is yellow and the moon is white
I read that humans can talk while animals cannot
So appalled am I
I try hard to see a yellow sun but I fail
I beg my flowers to reveal their colors but they remain black
I do not fully understand my reality...
Is it wrong that my sun shines at night?
Is it a crime that my horses speak?
Isn't my reality just mine?!
Why does the world have a say in individual reality?

Have we then committed a crime
Institutionalizing the people who enjoy their own realities
Why does the world have a say in individual reality?
I will live inside a camel's hump
I will travel through the power transmission lines
Isn't my reality just mine?!
If you declare my reality fake, then I demand
What of the people whose realities encompass Gods?
What of the people whose realities encompass time?
If their realities are true, then more so is mine
It is as poignant and beautiful as the absolute reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment