5 Jun 2019

The rental agreement

I visited pain today
To renew the rental agreement
"How much longer do you intend to stay in the heart?" I asked
Pain pondered over it for a moment
"I have grown comfortable staying here for so long," He replied
I could not help smiling
Pain had been a good tenant
Saving me from unnecessary expectations
And helping me battle the regular rejections
"Well, do you have any other potential emotion
Wanting to stay here?" He asked
I was honest with him
No other emotion had shown interest
Perhaps because the heart wasn't even semi-furnished
Perhaps because the neighbor was fear
"I guess we can extend the agreement for one more year then" He said
I agreed
He asked me if I wanted to increase the rent
I didn't want to
Pain had also helped in renovating the heart
The walls now wore a waterproof coating
No more seepage problems when the tears came down
The room also had a new window built
Even the smallest ray of hope could light it up now
I thanked pain for being a good tenant
And returned home
Only to find life waiting for me
To renew our rental agreement
"How much longer do you intend to stay here?" She asked
I pondered over it for a moment
"I have grown comfortable staying here for so long," I replied
Life could not help smiling
Perhaps I had been a good tenant
After all, I had learnt a great deal from pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment