25 Jan 2015

The Transmogrifier

If you wondered as to what the title of this post meant, I truly feel sorry for you.



I feel sorry because you have missed out on one of the most beautifully drawn and one of the most meaningful comic strips.



I feel sorry because you have missed out on learning to use astronautical terms for a simple swinging experience.




I feel sorry because you have missed out on learning intelligent ways to avoid solving math problems.



I feel sorry because you have missed out on learning how to answer a math problem or any other question, for that matter, in case you had no other go.



I feel sorry because you have missed out on learning how to never give in to your failures.



I feel sorry because you have missed out on imagining the satisfaction attained by blaming the world outright.



I feel sorry because you have missed out on the most important commentaries on art and creativity.



I feel sorry because you have missed out on realizing the sweetness of doing nothing.



I feel sorry because you have missed out on understanding mankind and life in the simplest ways possible.






I feel sorry because you have missed out on excellent humor.




I feel sorry because you have missed out on the works of a great comic artist who turned down hundreds of millions of dollars from huge corporate organizations that wanted to use his characters for commercial brand endorsements and stood by his sentiment that his art was not for sale.




All in all, I feel sorry because you have missed out on 3150 comic strips of pure joy.

But as the final comic strip drawn in 1995 by the above mentioned great man shows, it is never late to go exploring.



Just try letting Calvin and Hobbes enter your life.
You would realize pretty soon that they not just transform your life.

Calvin and Hobbes transmogrify your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment