7 May 2015

The College Diaries #10

I had hoped to add a minimum of 25 posts in my blog under the label of 'The College Diaries'. 

I still can. 
But I do not want to, after I leave my college tonight. 
I would prefer that the last post under this label be typed, seated on my hostel bed, like it has been occurring with this blog for the past one year. I would prefer that the last post under this label be typed inside this college while I am still a part of it. 

An hour earlier, I had planned to type down all the instances that I had wanted to share about my college life as small paragraphs in this post. But to be frank, I am not in the mood to reminisce. 

I am emotionally drained.

And I would like to type down just one paragraph which, I feel, I would not get a chance to say anyplace else.

"Thank you, my dear 168 acre occupying, 31 year old institution. You are one of the best serendipitous happenings of my life. I became a part of you for the simple want of a degree. But you have managed to give me more than that. You have taught me about life and its workings and I believe that the lessons I have learnt from you, outside of my classrooms, would help me beyond quantification as I grow into a man. 
Thank you again and of course, goodbye."


(The College Diaries which had been a shameless attempt to increase the number of posts in this blog in a short span of time and in the process, recall and cherish various instances and incidents of my college life that had struck pain and pleasure in the heart in the last fortnight that I spent in the college comes to an end.)

No comments:

Post a Comment