29 Jun 2016

The school kid's travel

When I was a school kid, the travel from my home to school was always enchanting. Sitting by the window of a private van or a government bus, and watching the same locations pass by never seemed boring. Every ride was new and different.
Only as I neared my destination, the stomach turned upset and a heavy feeling overcame my heart. I knew it was not sadness. But it always accompanied me as I entered my classroom, constantly battling with my smile.
However, the poignancy lasted only for a span of 10-15 minutes. As my friends started filling in the neighboring benches, the heart turned light again and the curve of the lips started out on it's journey uphill. 

Of late, I have been reliving this cycle with my office.
Joy filled travel. Arrival with a burdened heart. Joy creeping in again with the entry of friends.
I keep wondering how the inexperienced, innocent, rote-learning-habituated school kid grew close with the improperly matured, guilt ridden, curious corporate.
Out of the numerous reasons that strike the mind, one stands out. 
One, I wish, will not linger away with time.

The people always outweigh the purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment