5 Jun 2016

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

The other night, I was travelling in a BMTC bus and I was amazed to notice nearly 90% of the passengers with their earphones inserted.  As I scanned the bus to see how each passenger was reacting to the song he/she was listening to, a strange thought struck me.
How would a mosquito feel in such a scenario?!

We tend to label the mosquito as just a blood-sucking insect but what about its not-given-due-credit hobby of buzzing in people’s ears?!
When a mosquito buzzes in our ears, we just try to push it away without the motive of killing it. But when it tries to suck our blood, there is a high risk of violence from our side.
That being the case, how sad would a mosquito be, looking at an earphone-wearing guy, to know that it can only connect with him through a fatal blood-sucking-mission and not through a jovially irritating-zzzzzzzz-game?

The thought made me feel bad for the mosquito but more importantly, it made me lower my earphones.
If one can tolerate curse words and gossips and impatient vehicle-horns, how much harm could an innocent buzz do?!

No comments:

Post a Comment