6 Nov 2016

He, she and their love stories - II

"I love you" he had said
"I can never" she had replied
Today marks the 40th anniversary of his proposal
He now lives at a hill station
Happy and healthy in a small cottage
Married? No. But he has a partner
His imagination of her
He walks and talks with his illusion
"Don't you miss living with the real her?" I asked him
On my trip to his house yesterday
"Don't you think she is real?" he asked me back
Smiling and pointing to an empty chair
I looked outside his cottage's window at the grey sky
Did the creator want his creations to become such creators?
The empty chair burdened my heart
"She is not the real her. She is 'your' her" I mumbled
Not replying, he rose and walked towards her chair
He slowly planted a kiss on her forehead
A rain drop hit the roof as his tear drop hit the floor
"I live with 'my' her because I cannot, with the 'real' her.
But thousands keep loving 'their' hims and hers, 
Despite having the real hims and hers"
I stepped out of his cottage in the rain
The gentle drizzle fell in love with my heartfelt cry.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes imagination is better than reality 🙂

    ReplyDelete