5 Feb 2016

The unspoken words...

Have you ever stared at the sky and been amazed
By the expanse and the emptiness
I believe I would feel the same 
When I would look into your eyes
They would show me a life fully lived
And a life yet to be lived
How many many tears would they have seen?
I spend my nights crying
Imagining your tear drops stepping out as your eyelids come down 
What did you have to go through those days?!
I wish I had pressed your head against my chest
And let my heart suffer the wrath of your tears..

I wish you had Alzheimer's
Something I wish of no other person
You would forget words
You would forget places
You would forget people
But you would also forget that fateful night..
I would not mind sitting by your side all day and all night
I would not mind guiding you around the same house you had lived for 20 years
I would not mind introducing the people you meet again and again and again
Even as you keep trying to remember who I am
I wish you had Alzheimer's
If only life could be more cruel than it already has been..

How do you feel when your friends crack a joke?
Do you try warming up to the laughter
Or have you matured like a monk beyond it all?
Do you indulge yourself in any form of entertainment anymore
Or do you spend your days seriously pursuing a passion?
Do you speak out anymore or do you only speak in?
But then, why do I ask you such questions?!
Why should your life have changed from what it had been earlier?
Why can't you go back to snapping random selfies?
Why can't you go back to spending hours to choose the right shade of nail polish?
Why can't you go back to mocking your mom's cooking?
Why can't you go back to mocking your dad's driving?
Why do you have to punish yourself, Why
For being beautiful, For being vulnerable
For becoming a moon filled with scars..

I sometimes wish you knew me
I sometimes wish I knew you..

I had always been running behind love 
Hoping it would make my life colorful
Little did I know that when love would grasp me
It would go about making my life meaningful..
All the girls I had come across in my school
All the girls I had come across in my college
How hard I would have tried to impress them
I would not have, I would never have 
If only I had known you would happen..
All my life had been a wait for you
All my joy and sadness had been for you
I had crawled as an infant, screamed as a kid, played as a boy all for you
I had liked and disliked all that I had liked and disliked only for you
I had read and watched all that I had read and watched only for you
Will anyone understand how exhilarated I am 
To know that I had breathed every moment of my life for you..
How do I tell you all this?
Should I write you a letter?
Should I visit your home?
What if I never expressed my love?
What if I liberated my soul just by thinking about you?
As I do now, imagining your face, imagining your hair
Imagining your smile, Imagining your shadow
I continue staring at the source where I had met you first
I have been for the past two months
That newspaper article of 500 words
Titled - 20-year-old Chennai girl gang-raped!

I sometimes wish you knew me
I sometimes wish I knew you...

No comments:

Post a Comment