26 Oct 2014

Window




The birthplace of many a thought in my head. A support I constantly hold on to at times of happiness to gaze at the vibrant blue sky. A support I constantly hold on to at times of sadness to stare at the forlorn blue sky. The first ray of sunlight never seemed more lively than when passing through it. The thunderstorm, ably supported by the lightning, never felt more threatening than when recklessly slamming it. The culprit responsible for tempting me to steal an occasional glance at the neighboring girl. The companion responsible for constituting the wave-of-hand friendship with the neighboring old gentleman.

Many people , when away from home, miss a certain room or a certain corner of their homes. I, for reasons that go beyond the above paragraph, constantly miss the window situated at the far corner of the hallway at my home.

How can I not?

After all, the window does not just signify the entries and exits like the irksome old wooden door at my home.

It signifies something more. 

It signifies the passage.

No comments:

Post a Comment